The hidden morgue of mind
rage creeps from within.
I hate, I so hate
this dark well
passion, love, death
all rolls into one,
for I know not
why I hate.
I hate your worldly ways
your material aims
your limited ambitions
your selfish dreams.
I hate your rules
your declarations of liberty
you so effectively curtail.
I hate your schools
your mindless institutional discipline
your books
that talk of ideologies
theoretical Utopian realities.
What I love?
Haha! I love
college dropouts
who write poems
criticizing the Government.
I love Juveniles
who love and loose
who weave dreams in Marijuana haze.
I love a hippie heart
with gossamer threads of rebellion
in music, and dance, and silent protests.
I love you
Oh this heart of mine
contradictions galore,
in you i find solace.
I am selfish
aware of my limitations,
and I cry.
I cry to see
I can do nothing,
I have stopped dreaming.
2 comments:
This is indeed a reflection of the poet I know
So dark, so beautiful, so angry.
Post a Comment