Looking at me
they say,
I am a simple simple.
Little do they know
little will they ever know
how Mad Mad I am.
I look at grasshoppers
they hop hop all the way
in green green grass.
I call them grasshoppers.
They don't get me
complexi-fying, a new Language now.
They like things complex
complex buildings, complex shopping malls,
complex love, complex hatred,
complex blood group, complex ideas.
They write big words in so little a space.
They sing meaningless jibes in a crow-like voice.
They dance in fests,
swinging, thinking, questioning
Am I the next Fred Astaire?
I make no sense
no sense, sense no, nonsense,
they tell me.
Time! my only friend
in a friendless planet,
everybody, everyone revolves.
I don't!
I stand, transfixed
for I am a simple simple.
I am a Mad Mad.
1 comment:
I'm flattered that I could possible be even a remote inspiration for that brilliant piece! Its beautiful and I love it :-)
Post a Comment