Like a madman chanting verses
you leave this room
unflinching in your resolve to
finish the leftovers of our
broken hearts,
while I,
laugh in tears, in gay abandon
that I crush your spirit in my cruel hands
time and again, a cycle of rhythm
in despair
and you only look at me in silence
saying nothing as we sit
facing the sunset of tide.
I remember watching you leave
and that door-knob, you lightly press on
whispers your essence, a breeze
that still sings your song.
Then I speak to myself
as the woodpecker works away
till dusk
and leave my soul-less life
to go home to its mistress.
you leave this room
unflinching in your resolve to
finish the leftovers of our
broken hearts,
while I,
laugh in tears, in gay abandon
that I crush your spirit in my cruel hands
time and again, a cycle of rhythm
in despair
and you only look at me in silence
saying nothing as we sit
facing the sunset of tide.
I remember watching you leave
and that door-knob, you lightly press on
whispers your essence, a breeze
that still sings your song.
Then I speak to myself
as the woodpecker works away
till dusk
and leave my soul-less life
to go home to its mistress.
No comments:
Post a Comment