I like to see pigeons fly away
in sudden excitement.
It fills me with hope
to see such joy
while
at some corner
are women and men and children
working like slaves
to these modern machines.
I listen to Radiohead
just the one song
of a Chinese kid
working in a shoe factory.
Across another time zone
is the American kid,
who goes to school
with his tiffin box.
In two frames, the two children bond.
I like to see pigeons fly away
for slaves can ponder
and finally join the birds
and find solace in careful flight.
Radiohead plays in my head-
gloomy as the skies.
But it does not rain.
in sudden excitement.
It fills me with hope
to see such joy
while
at some corner
are women and men and children
working like slaves
to these modern machines.
I listen to Radiohead
just the one song
of a Chinese kid
working in a shoe factory.
Across another time zone
is the American kid,
who goes to school
with his tiffin box.
In two frames, the two children bond.
I like to see pigeons fly away
for slaves can ponder
and finally join the birds
and find solace in careful flight.
Radiohead plays in my head-
gloomy as the skies.
But it does not rain.
No comments:
Post a Comment